Stella Nova Gin is a wonderful marriage between carefully distilled gin and the most outstanding oak barrels we can find. Some previously holding the best Single Malt we know. The recipe consists of 5 parts, that we blend and marry in our unique signature solera system. We never take out more than 1/5 of the volume in the system, and every drop is replaced with a new directly. This contributes a unique elegance and keeps quality and consistency:
– 6,5% Spirit of Hven Organic Gin, The Original; rested ten (10) years on charred virgin casks made from Quercus Muehlenbergii.
– 7,3% Spirit of Hven Organic Gin, The Original; rested eight (8) years on toasted virgin casks made from Quercus Petraea.
– 8,8% Spirit of Hven Organic Gin, The Original; rested three (3) years on Quercus Muehlenbergii casks freshly emptied Spirit of Hven Single Malt Whisky non-peated.
– 8,8% Spirit of Hven Organic Gin, The Original; rested three (3) years on Quercus Muehlenbergii casks freshly emptied Spirit of Hven peated Single Malt Whisky.
– 68,8% Spirit of Hven Organic Navy Strength Gin; rested six (6) months on Quercus Muehlenbergii casks that previously held Spirit of Hven Organic Vodka.
After the solera system, the gin is carefully moved to our aeration- and filter system. Here it is ensured that the gin becomes ultra-smooth and crystal clear, with a wonderful amber tint.
First scent is a light, fresh citrus note. It comes from fresh lemons with an elegant floral and spicy note from Kefir lime. After that follows, a wonderful vanilla marinated juniper sensation, with distinct notes of pine and elderflower.
The taste is smooth with clear oak character. The gin is balanced mid-tongue, albeit it floats out over all the taste buds with a wonderful oiliness and a light menthol, sweet-and-sour sensation.
• 4 cl Spirit of Hven Stella Nova Gin
• 2 cl Orange liqueur
• 2 cl Squeezed lemon
• 1 cl Syrup
• ½ Egg white
Mix all ingredients together in a shaker and shake, pour into a chilled coupe glass, garnish with orange zest.